Best Baby Backpack Carrier – The Ultimate Guide and Reviews 2017
Shopping around for the perfect baby backpack carrier for you and your baby? There’s a lot more that goes into the shopping process than you may think.Best baby backpack carrier on the market today offer so many different types of
- Storage options
And other options so that you can really make sure that you get the most out of your baby carrier backpack. All babies are different, which is why there just are many different types of baby carriers.
Today, we are going to take a look at some of the key features that you should be looking for when you are shopping for the right baby carrier for you. Then, we are going to be reviewing some of the top selling and top performing baby carriers on the market, so that you can take a deeper look into what carrier may be best baby backpack carrier for you and your baby.
- 1 How To Choose The best baby backpack carrier for hiking
- 2 Top 5 Recommended of Best Baby Backpack Carrier
- 2.1 1. Beco Gemini Baby Carrier - Charlie
- 2.2 Highlighted Features
- 2.3 2. Mamaway Baby Ring Sling - Ocean Lanna
- 2.4 Highlighted Features
- 2.5 3. MiaMily HIPSTER+ Child & Baby Carrier
- 2.6 Highlighted Features
- 2.7 4. TOP #1 BABY CARRIER with HIP SEAT
- 2.8 Highlighted Features
- 2.9 5. Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier
- 2.10 Highlighted Features
- 2.11 Conclusion
- 2.12 Related Post
How To Choose The best baby backpack carrier for hiking
Baby carriers may be similar in material and features, but no two baby carriers are the same. Let’s have a look at some of the key features that baby carriers offer, so that you can get a better idea of what you and your baby’s specific needs are in a baby carrier.
What are the Advantages/Benefits of Baby Carriers?
You may be asking yourself, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using baby carrier backpacks vs. using another form of child transportation, like a stroller for instance. First and foremost, let’s take a look at the two forms of transportation from a developmental standpoint.
Childhood and Relational Development
Where strollers give the parent a little more separation from your children, which make them great for having additional storage space and keeping you and your baby cooler while moving around, strollers are more physically disconnected from the child than taking them around in a baby carrier.
While using a baby carrier, you are going to be able to hold your child close. If you have them in the front setting, they are going to be able to look at you, and you at them. They can nestle to you to find comfort and support. They can look to you to express their every want and need. So from a developmental standpoint, we believe that baby carrier backpacks have a slight edge on strollers.
From a physical and transportation standpoint, baby carrier back packs have a ton of mobility and movement benefits. Strollers are great for long excursions in terms of storage space, but they can often be really difficult to maneuver through tight spaces. Best baby backpack carrier make you and your baby a compact pair, which makes navigating through heavy foot traffic in tight shopping malls and even out running around busy theme parks much easier to move through.
Plus, it is really easy to take off and adjust your baby carrier for maximum comfortably. If you or your baby get uncomfortable with the carrier facing one position, you can easily adjust your baby carrier to another position (hip, front, back, side, etc.) so that you can both be comfortable.
From a cost standpoint, we really like baby carriers because they are significantly less expensive than baby strollers. If you are looking for a good quality baby stroller that is going to keep your child comfortable and last, you are going to be shelling out some serious cash. Prices for good strollers can start at a few hundred dollars and easily reach a thousand. You can get a great quality baby carrier for under a couple of hundred dollars. So not only are they comfortable and convenient for you and your child, they are also much lighter on your wallet too.
When it comes to storage and taking places, baby carriers tend to have strollers beat. Sure, strollers are great for packing up everything that you need to go on your stroller caravan. Though, if you need something compact that you can store just about anywhere, including a small diaper bag, baby carrier packs are a great solution. They can pack easily and you can store them and take them just about anywhere.
Attributes to Look For in a Baby Carrier
So what are some of the key features that you want to look for in a baby carrier?
We know that you are a conscientious parent, so the first thing that you are going to want out of a quality baby carrier is that it is comfortable for your child. Make sure that your baby carrier is made out of high quality, breathable fabrics, so that your baby doesn’t overheat. The closeness and combination of body heat from both you and your baby can make either or both of you really warm. You also may want to make sure that the carrier has built in ventilation. Many models will have ventilation slits on the sides that you can open or close depending on the outdoor temperature.
The next thing that you are going to want to make sure of is that it supports your child well and that it is safe.
What kind of safety features does your baby carrier provide?
What are some additional support features that it provides for your child?
What is the weight range and weight limit for your child?
Is their head, neck, hips, back, and shoulders going to be supported enough?
After you have made sure that safety and comfortability are taken care of for your child, what about for yourself? Make sure that the baby carrier that you are getting is ergonomically designed for the parent. It is absolutely critical that your baby carrier is as comfortable for you as it is your child.
What kind of features do you need in a baby carrier? Baby carriers come with all sorts of features that range from
- Visors to protect your baby from the sun
- Storage for your child’s belongings
- Storage for your personal items
- Multiple different carry positions
- Nursing covers
- And more
Make sure that you are getting all of the additional features that you and your baby need out of a baby carrier.
What's the Best Way to Use a Baby Carrier?
The best way, or best time, to use a baby carrier is when you and your child are on the move. Anytime you want to make sure your child is safe and close to you, you can use your baby carrier.
Prerequisites to Using or Purchasing a Baby Carrier
The only prerequisites that we would recommend to purchasing or using a baby carrier is making sure that you do your research. Don’t just jump in and buy the first carrier you see. Review several different carriers from different companies, so that you know what’s out there. Ask your friends, other parents, and people who you trust about what their experiences have been like with their baby carriers.
Now that we have taken a look at some things that you may want to consider when shopping for the right baby carrier for you, let’s take a look at five of the best baby carriers.
Top 5 Recommended of Best Baby Backpack Carrier
1. Beco Gemini Baby Carrier - Charlie
- A variety of different carrying positions
- Specially designed ventilation to keep you and your child cool
- Comfortable for both you and your child
- Provides privacy and is easy to breastfeed with
- Multiple different carry positions
- Well ventilated for your baby
- Comfortable for your child
- Comfortable and ergonomic for the parent
- Easy to breastfeed with
- Adjustable straps for parents of all sizes
- Difficult to use safety buttons
- Better for tall parents than short parents.
2. Mamaway Baby Ring Sling - Ocean Lanna
The Mamaway baby carrier is a totally different design from the Beco that we just looked at. This baby carrier brings the best of both functional and fashionable to the table with its ring sling design. This carrier provides a comfortable, nice little pocket for your baby to sit in, while giving you a comfortable and breathable baby carrier to wear.
- Designer quality that stands out from the rest of the baby pack crowd
- Ergonomically designed for both you and your baby
- Simple adjustment technology for easy setup
- Machine washable
- Chic and fashionable design that really stands out
- Ergonomic and comfortable for the parent to wear
- Comfortable and breathable for the baby
- Easy to adjust, with no complex wrapping needed
- Easy to wash and dry
- More complicated to adjust than the company makes it sound
- Definitely more fashionable than it is functional
- Good for moms, not as great for dads
- Not as much support for your baby as other models
3. MiaMily HIPSTER+ Child & Baby Carrier
The MiaMilly carrier that we are about to delve into is another sleek, backpack design that will hold your baby securely. It is made of premium, Swiss quality materials and provides for nine different carry positions for you and your baby. In terms of quality, this baby carrier appears to be the top tier.
- Zipper that self-lock for maximum security
- Customized buckles that are resistant to becoming unclipped, while in use
- Three way lock buckles that provide the parent better support and weight distribution
- Easy to store and take anywhere
- Self locking YKK zippers
- Duplex buckles for maximum safety
- Shoulder strap has a three way lock buckle for extra support
- Fits babies and children of all shapes and heights, up to 40 pounds
- Totally adjustable
- Ergonomic for the parent to prevent back and hip pain
- Storage for parents and your children
- Some of the edges of the straps dig into the parent, a little bit.
- Material isn’t as high quality as other carriers in its price range
4. TOP #1 BABY CARRIER with HIP SEAT
This versatile baby carrier provides both the parent and the child with tons of support and comfort.
It is specifically designed to back, hip, and shoulder pain while carrying your child. It provides good ventilation for both you and the baby and is totally ergonomic, on both ends.
- Provides 5 different ways to carry your baby
- Offers more padding and support than other conventional models
- Totally ventilated to keep you and your baby cool
- Holds up to 33 pounds
- Offers a 100% money back guarantee
- Five in one design
- Plenty of padding and support
- Well ventilated
- Holds 13-33 pounds
- Ergonomically designed for both the child and parent.
- 100% money back guarantee
- Not as high quality as it is painted out to be
- The adult media pocket is easy for the baby to get to, so it is not that great for your cell phone or anything expensive
5. Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier
The Infantino flip baby carrier is going to be the last high quality carrier that we are going to take a look at today. This is a four in one model that has a lot of great features you will want to take a look at.
- Offers the parent and their child four different carrying positions for maximum comfortability
- Built-in bib cover to protect your carrier
- Fully machine washable and easy to clean
- Leg openings designed for the comfortability of your child
- Four in one design that provides four comfortable positions for your baby
- Two in one bib/cover that you can use for nursing, shade, or protect your carrier from food spills
- Totally machine washable
- Customizable leg openings so that you can make sure that your baby is totally comfortable
- The straps for the parents aren’t that well padded. May need additional support
- The Velcro for the drool cover/shade isn’t that great and tends to fall off easily
So in the end, there has to be a winner right? In this case, last actually came first, and we liked the Infantino Flip. For the features that it gives you and the price that you can get it at, it is really a no brained that this baby carrier is one of the best bargains that you will find in the baby carrier market.